Welcome To Lake Houston United Methodist Church
We invite you to join us as we begin a new Easter Sermon Series "Jesus Is the One" with Pastor Russell Martin. We now offer TWO worship services at 8:30am (Traditional) & 11:00am (Contemporary) along with live streaming on our Facebook page. Sunday School starts at 9:45am. Please wear a mask/face covering, use hand sanitizer and stay home if you are not well or not comfortable with attending. Please bring your own mask and hand sanitizer if possible. Children’s Church & Nursery are available.
We have a casual atmosphere where friendships can form and relationships deepen. We are a place that is serious about joy, true joy, the kind of joy that comes from real connection with God and others. We invite you to come as you are. Dress up or wear your jeans, just come.
Service Times & Directions
We have a lot to offer here at Lake Houston UMC. No matter what question you might have just ask. Our greeters are there to help you get settled.
- 03/02/21 - COVID UPDATE: We now offer TWO worship services at 8:30am (Traditional) & 11:00am (Contemporary) along with live streaming on our Facebook page. Sunday School starts at 9:45am. Please wear a mask/face covering, use hand sanitizer and stay home if you are not well or not comfortable with attending. Please bring your own mask and hand sanitizer if possible. Children’s Church & Nursery are available.
- 8:30am Traditional Service
- 11:00am Contemporary Service
Sunday School at 9:45am
- NEW! Roundtable Fellowship (25 & up) meets in dining room of Christian Fellowship Center (CFC). Led by Tiffani Whitaker.
- Pathfinders (40 & up) meets in classroom in the office building and Zoom. Led by Daralyn Schubert.
- Seekers (40 & up) meets in classroom in the office building. Led by Karen Wells.
- Willing Workers (40 & up) meets in classroom in office building. Led by Robin Collier.
- Revolution Youth (Middle & High School) meets in Christian Fellowship Center (CFC). Led by Ken Burns, Associate Pastor/Youth Director.
- Children’s meets in Children's Wing. Led by Christen Thibodeaux, Children's Director.
- Tuesdays, 7:00pm on Facebook LIVE
What to Expect
As United Methodists, we believe in the living witness of Jesus Christ at the center of the Church’s life and witness. We believe in the reality of sin, and the need for forgiveness. We believe Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead in order to bring us to God, and shows us the way to live a full life, unbound by the past and unfettered for the future. We bear witness to a living faith by striving and wrestling with ancient Scriptures applied to contemporary life. Additionally, we bear witness by our lives and our service to others, as we seek to live out service to God and neighbor.
We worship a living God who offers new life in Christ. We use ancient creeds of the Church, time-proven hymns and contemporary music as means to take our place in 2,000 years of Christian worship as well as modern expressions of faith. John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist movement, believed that the living core of the Christian faith was revealed in Scripture, illumined by tradition, brought to life in personal experience, and confirmed by reason.
We believe that being together as a family of God to worship our Lord does make a difference - personally and as a community of believers. Life is too hard to try to live alone. We offer a community for meaningful relationships, relevant worship and service can make a difference in your life and the lives of others. We serve others in gratitude for what God has done for us, and can be surprised to find that love grows as we give it away. Not everyone agrees with each other, but we learn to live together as brothers and sisters in Christ. John Wesley, the founder of the Methodist movement, is attributed with saying: “In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity (love).” Everyone is welcome.
We’re glad you’re here and want to help you connect, find a small group, and get to events for you and/ or your family.Get Started