Sunday, January 24, 2021 - Sunday, January 31, 2021
As we approach the new year, we will have our first week of hosting the families in the Family Promise Ministry beginning Sunday, January 24th through Sunday, January 31st. Please mark this week in your calendar and consider ways you can join us in serving.
There are multiple opportunities:
- Provide dinner—stay if you are able, or we’ll make arrangements to meet you at the church for delivery of the meal, 5:45pm-6:30pm.
- Be an evening host—just come up & visit during the meal & for a little while after, 6pm-8pm. Hospitality is a gift to these families—be a listening ear & offer encouragement.
- Be an overnight host—sleep at the church with one other partner to be a resource if needed, 8pm-6am. (The families leave by 6am)
- Provide supplies—we provide grab & go breakfast items & snacks for the families to have each day.
- Set Up & Break Down—we transform 2-3 Sunday School rooms into bedrooms for the families. This happens Sunday before or after church.
If you are unfamiliar with this ministry, please call me & I’ll be happy to share more information with you! This is a national program and we serve with 12 other area churches within Family Promise of Lake Houston. Here is a link to the website: https://fplh.org/about/
We can sign up using Sign Up Genius or by calling Hannah in the church office. We’ll have the time slots ready by Monday, Jan. 4th on the Sign Up Genius & a specific list of supplies needed.
Thank you for joining us in serving God & His people!
Kelly Freeman, Missions Chair