The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR’s work includes programs and projects in disaster response, health, sustainable agriculture, food security, relief supplies, and more.
UMCOR Health Kit Items Value: $12 per kit
The United Methodist Women support United Methodist Committee on Relief Health Kits by collecting and packaging the items for the health kits and delivering the kits to the Lakeview Conference Center in Palestine in September. Please join the LHUMC Mission Committee in providing kits or individual items by August 19, 2018. Our goal is to have 30-40 kits to contribute to this wonderful cause.
Place these items inside a zip-lock, one-gallon plastic bag. Expiration dates at least 6mo in advance.
- 1 hand towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27", No kitchen towels)
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
- 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail clippers)
- 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up - no Ivory or Jergen's soap)
- 1 Adult toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, No child-size brushes)
- 10 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages (Bandaids)
- Toothpaste (Expiration dates at least 6 months in advance)